Set Up Finance Pty Ltd ABN 98 548 938 955 (Set Up Finance) is a licensed broker for financial products in Australia.
So that we can provide the best service to our valued customers, it is often necessary for us to collect, use, and disclose personal information. We recognise that the information you disclose to us can be very personal and private, and we are committed to respecting your privacy.
- We respect the privacy rights of all individuals, and we are committed to ensuring that our directors, managers and employees comply at all times with the requirements of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act) and any other privacy legislation that applies in jurisdictions where we carry on business.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION SET UP FINANCE COLLECTS
Personal information includes information or an opinion about an individual that is reasonably identifiable. The following are types of personal information:
- sensitive information – includes information or opinion about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinion, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or criminal record, provided the information or opinion otherwise meets the definition of personal information;
- credit information;
- employee record’ information; and
- tax file number information.
Set Up Finance may collect personal information about you when:
- you contact us by telephone, email or online platform to enquire about any of our products;
- you request a quote for any of our products and/or submit an offer to purchase any of our products;
- you submit a credit application in relation to the purchase of any of our products;
- you enter a competition being conducted by us; and
- you use and access the Website.
Set Up Finance may collect the following types of personal information:
- mailing or street address;
- email address;
- telephone number and other contact details;
- age or date of birth;
- bank account details;
- licence details;
- financial and credit worthiness;
- credit card information;
- your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- details of the products and services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or indirectly through your use of our website or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
- information you provide to us through surveys; or
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
Our Website may also use ‘cookies’ or other similar tracking technologies on the Website that help us track your website usage and remember your preferences. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through your internet browser but the Website may not work as intended for you if you do so.
HOW SET UP FINANCE STORES AND USES PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Privacy Act sets out a number of different reasons for which we may collect and process your personal information in certain circumstances, including:
- with your consent;
- to perform our contractual obligations to you;
- if the law requires us to act; or
- to pursue legitimate interests that are associated with our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
Set Up Finance may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to assist you with your enquiries about our products and services;
- to supply products and services to you;
- to process any credit application you have submitted to us;
- to enable you to access and use the Website;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise the Website, business and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent by, or on behalf of, our business partners that we think you may find interesting;
- to administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners; and
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties.
Set Up Finance may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form.
Set Up Finance takes reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
The personal information that we collect from you may be may transferred outside Australia in order to store it. Where your personal information is transferred outside Australia, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is subject to appropriate safeguards.
ACCESSING AND/OR CORRECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can access the personal information Set Up Finance holds about you by contacting Set Up Finance via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information.
If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
If you think Set Up Finance has breached the Privacy Act, or you wish to make a complaint about the way Set Up Finance has handled your personal information, you can contact Set Up Finance via email email@example.com. Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period of time. If you think that Set Up Finance has failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, Set Up Finance will provide you with information about the further steps you can take.
If you have a complaint about our compliance with the Privacy Act and we have not resolved your complaint within 30 days’ after you first notified us of your complaint, you can refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by visiting their site http://www.oaic.gov.au/.
Set Up Finance Pty Ltd ABN 98 548 938 955
Last Updated 24 August 2021